Many sites are using the popular Facebook Comments Social Plugin. The Facebook Import Comments WordPress plugin allows comments generated by the blog visitors to be imported as WordPress comments.
Some visitors prefer to post comments to Facebook Social Plugin as these comments are becoming part of their social activity and are displayed on their wall.
Other visitors prefer not to use Facebook comments. They would like to post their comments to your WordPress blog.
The Facebook Import Comments combines both type of plugins and makes them part of your WordPress blog.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) benefits should also be considered. Your site will be more dynamic and more attractive for spiders. As a result it will rate higher in search engine results. According to Facebook SEO (Search Engine Optimization) community is the reason for extending the Facebook Social Plugin to be extended to provide an interface for retrieving the comments.
Author: Ivan Georgiev
Download: Download From WordPress.org
* The Frequently Asked Questions page.
= 1.1 =
* New Feature: Import Mode which allows "append new" and "append new and delete missing" synchronization modes.
* Workaround: WordPress uses global variable $id. In some themes and plugins this variable is overwritten and the function get_the_ID() returns incorrect result.
* Changed default language settings: "Retrieve blog locale = No", "Retrieve additional locales = ''". Facebook fixed their API so locale parameter is not anymore required when querying the Facebook comments.
= 1.0 =
* Language options for Facebook connection.
* Protect plugin directory from browsing.
= 0.2.1 =
* Description changed to more distinguishable.
= 0.2 =
* Refresh Interval to reduce bandwidth consumption.
* Administrative interface
* Refresh Interval can be changed through the administrative interface.
* All imported comments can be removed through the administrative interface.
* The administrative interface displays the number of currently imported comments.